Welcome to WebSure Version II
Money MattersMoney Matters

If you are looking for information, advice or support regarding money matters you may find the following links useful:

Some of these are local organisations, others provide a national service 

Benefit Entitlement

If you would like to find out what benefit entitlements you have, or want to know what your benefits would be if you returned to work Jobcentre Plus can help you.

Use the web site link below to either locate your local office or view information on-line

Click here to view Jobcentre Plus

return to top

Child Trust Fund
Check out the official Child Trust Fund website. It provides information on the types of child trust fund accounts available, including updated lists of who's offering which accounts.

Children born on or after 1 September 2002 are entitled to a Child Trust Fund account. You don't need to make a claim to get the account started, the Government will send you a voucher for £250 automatically.

The account can give your child a head start as a young adult. It will help your child understand personal finance and the importance of saving for their future. The account belongs to them and when they turn 18, the money is theirs to use as they think best.

Click here to view The Child Trust Fund

return to top

Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)
Does the amount of credit you have worry you?

Are you feeling anxious about what may happen?

The Consumer Credit Counselling Service is a registered charity whose purpose is to assist people who are in financial difficulty by providing free, independent, impartial and realistic advice.

Click here to view Consumer Credit Counselling Services

return to top

Credit Action
This is a national money education charity, formed to help people better manage their money

It offers a range of resources including debt advice guides and budget sheets, which can be downloaded from its website

They work in partnership with the Consumer Credit Counselling Service

Click here to view the Credit Action website

return to top

How to make savings on your childcare costs

Local Eductaional Authority Funding (LEA Grant)

Local authority funding is available to three and four year olds. Children are eligible for funding from the school term after their third birthday.

Please note: the funding is not applicable in the month of August. The minimum per session is £7 for a maximum of five sessions per week.

Please contact your local authority for further information

Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit

Most families with children are entitled to tax credits. Please refer to your local Inland Revenue for details by calling 0845 300 3900 or by visiting www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk.

return to top

Sure Start Maternity Grant
Coping with the extra costs of a new baby can be difficult. There’s a grant to help you give your baby a positive start in life. It’s called the Sure Start Maternity Grant

The grant is made from the Social Fund and you do not have to pay it back

Who can get the grant?

You can get a Sure Start Maternity Grant if you or your partner are getting:

How do I claim?
You can claim a Sure Start Maternity Grant on form SF100. You can get the form from the News & Downloads area of our site, click here. The form comes with notes that will help you fill it in and tell you where to send it

If you have a partner, either of you can fill in the claim form, but make sure you include the name of the baby’s mother.

You can claim a Sure Start Maternity Grant at any time from the 29th week of your pregnancy until your child is three months old

If you are adopting a baby, you must claim the grant within three months of the adoption and the baby should be no more than 12 months old when you claim.

If you or you or your partner have been granted a parental order for a surrogate birth, you must claim within three months of the date of the parental order

Click here to view Department for Work & Pensions-Maternity Grant LINK

return to top

Tax Credit payments for families with children
9 out of 10 families with children are entitled to tax credits. You can be given Child Tax Credit in the form of payments from the government regardless of whether you are working or not

Child Tax Credit is paid direct to the person who is mainly responsible for caring for the child or children. If you are a lone parent you will receive the payment

Working Tax Credit is for people who are employed or self-employed (either on their own or in a partnership), who usually work 16 hours or more a week, who are paid for that work, and who expect to work for at least 4 weeks

For more information either select the following web site link or call the Helpline on 0845 300 3900 (textphone 0845 300 3909 )

Click here to view Inland Revenue Tax Credits

return to top